Many of our users have said their children struggle with making B consonant, which develops first at the age of 2, as an initial sound and a medial, and at the age of 3, it also develops as a final sound.
We will give you a better idea of how to make this sound by watching this video, which shows the tongue position in illustrations and how to properly pronounce the B sound. Below the video, you will find a list of words to practice using our app.
To practice making the B consonant here is the list of sections and words in them that you can practice with your child:
- Early Sounds: Ribbit, Blub, Baa, Bzzz.
- Wild Animals: Bear, Bird, Rabbit, Crab, Bat, Bee.
- Petting ZOO: Rabbit, Bird, Bunny.
- Outdoor Wonders: Bridge, Ball.
- Living Colors: Blue, Brown, Black.
- Yummy Time: Banana, Bread, Burger, Butter, Vegetable.
- Toy Box: Robot, Balloon, Bubbles, Marbles.
- When I grow up: Lumberjack, Plumber.
- We are Family: Brother, Baby, Grandpa, Grandma.
- School Rocks: Blackboard, Book, Bus.
- Ride your Wheels: Bus, Bike, Bicycle.
- Universe: Black Hole.
We also recommend using the section "Mouth Gym" to warm up a bit before practice. The "Mouth Gym" section is designed to increase children's awareness of how their mouth work, as well as their coordination, range of motion and endurance.
Learn more about our app, click here: https://speechblubs.com/
We wish you happy Blubbing!